Tuesday, September 21, 2010

monthly film for the arts series at black dog cafe begins tonight

This one's for my friends across the river.  Starting tonight, the Black Dog in downtown St. Paul is hosting a monthly film series titled "Film For The Arts," with support from McNally Smith.  They're screening some bold choices.  However, I say that knowing nothing about the films but what I read of their descriptions on the program's website.  Take for example tonight's screening, Feelings: Emotions and Art:
Unlike the religious artwork that was predominant at the time, this film showcases the idea of using art to explore the human condition rather than the divine by finding humanist art from the Italian renaissance; such as Giotto and Leonardo da Vince, and some 18th century artists.
See what I mean when I say "bold?"  Don't feel intimated, though, for your journey will be lead by a charming British man who you can meet right now in this preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment