Friday, August 27, 2010

trylon: jack nicholson series ends this weekend

All month Trylon has been screening Jack Nicholson films, and this weekend's finale features two iconic American films.

Easy Rider (Hopper), although not often associated with Nicholson's & his more famous roles, contains some hilarious back and forths between Jack and the film's two main stars, Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda.  There are some people that aren't too fond of this film, but I'm not in that camp.  This is definitely worth your time, if only to see Hopper before/while his madness sets in.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (Forman), on the other hand, is classic Nicholson.  Or so I'm told.  I'll admit, I've not seen this movie (although I did start reading the book in 10th grade, but halfway through our media center unexpectedly shut down for the year and I had to return the book- true story).  Also, and perhaps more importantly, I don't know what the phrase "classic Nicholson" means.  I'm actually convinced I just made it up.  All the more reason for you to go to the movie and see for yourself if I'm right or if I'm as crazy as crazy Dennis Hopper.  Here's a trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment